Design & Engineering Services
ThermAvant works with businesses and agencies to design, analyze, fabricate, and/or test custom thermal solutions to meet their challenging requirements.
Our team of PhDs, engineers and technicians have decades of experience in single-phase and phase change heat transfer, analytical and numerical modeling, and design for manufacturability. And, ThermAvant has the in-house capabilities to turn their conceptual innovations into hardware with verifiable results.
Our Columbia, MO facility has these software, analytical and testing capabilities:
- Computer aided design software (Autocad Inventor, SolidWorks, Creo Parametric)
- Finite Element Analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamics software (Autodesk Simulation)
- PCB development software (Altium Designer)
- Design and development platform (LabView)
- CAM software (Mastercam and Pro/NC software)
- Thermal test stations (DAQs for temperature, pressure, flow recording; programmable power supplies; resistance heaters; cooling baths; variable gravity tilt tables)
- Air flow bench (AMS 1200 cfm with pressure gauges)
- Thermal imaging (FLIR still and motion camera)
- And much more (oscilloscopes, signal generators, multimeters, counters, etc.)
Our Columbia, MO facility has these production capabilities:
- High-speed CNC machining center with vacuum tables
- Custom-built high-speed horizontal router
- Welding stations (200W YAG laser, MIG and TIG welders)
- Reaction injection molding equipment
- Ultransonic cleaning station
- Heat pipe/oscillating heat pipe charging stations
- Vacuum braze furnace
- Atmospheric braze furnace
- Miscellaneous fabrication equipment (manual mills, lathes, presses, hand tools, etc.)
If you are interested engaging our professionals to analyze and solve your thermal challenges, contact us.